Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 16th Birthday Traveling

My 34th birthday was a day I'll never forget. It marked the 3rd time I flew to Oklahoma and my first known birthday celebration with my mother.

I embarked on my journey by driving from my home down I-75 Southbound to the I-75/I-85 Connector to Midtown and Downtown Atlanta. I got off the freeway at the Williams Street offramp and proceeded into downtown to the CNN Center Parking Deck.

What you just saw is the route I take to work each day; only, I didn't work. I don't have to return to work until Monday, January 25th. Instead of going to work, I took the MARTA train down to the Airport.

I rode the E-W train from the CNN Center/Philips Arena/Georgia Dome station to the Five Points station. Then I took the N-S train straight down to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (7 stops later from the Five Points station).

I flew on American Airlines for the first time. My flight from Atlanta took me to my first visit to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. It took over 2 hours to get from Atlanta to Dallas by air. The best part of my connecting flight from Dallas to Tulsa would be that I would get on the plane to Tulsa at the EXACT same gate as the gate we exited the plane to Dallas from.

At the DFW termainal, some good news and bad news for me. The bad news was I didn't get the Dallas Morning News like I wanted to. The good news was I got a taste of UNO's Pizza with my girlfriend. I love UNO's Pizza, and I wish there was an UNO's in Atlanta. My girlfriend agrees with me on that.

The flight from DFW to Tulsa was a 40 minute flight. That is the shortest flight I've even been on in my life. It would be one of the best because at the end of that flight my mother was waiting for me to greet me on my birthday.

From Tulsa to Locust Grove, Oklahoma, it was basically a straight shot down U.S. Hwy 412.

Happy birthday to me (from all my family and my beautiful girlfriend).

No comments: