Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Dreaming of the LA Coliseum, CNN, and the loss of my friend

About two weeks ago, I had a dream where I was happy, really happy, and sad, all in the same dream.

My first of three dreams put me in the place of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.  I was attending a nighttime Los Angeles Rams game.  I was sitting high up in the famed stadium early on in the dream.  Later on, I found myself outside of the stadium and I was on someone's lawn near some columns overlooking a neighborhood street.  Before I knew it, I was sitting on some luxurious lounge chairs outside on someone else's lawn in Los Angeles.  It looked like a nice street sit outside in.

My second of three dreams took be back to CNN.  I was working so hard and so good, I got an offer to come back to work there.  I would be welcomed back with open arms and a guaranteed salary that matched the one I had when I got laid off five years ago.  I saw some of my old supervisors and they seemed happy to see me there again.  I felt like I could walk on air and edit the night away.

My third and final dream saw me lose my friend and former co-worker Jeff.  I wanted to hang out with him or something.  I would have liked to work with him one more time.  That would have given me more time to share some more Atlanta Braves stories with him.  We could have hung out at a Braves game at the new ballpark.  In the dream, I learned that he died, but I didn't know how.

In reality, I have never been to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, I have never gone back to work for CNN, and my friend and former co-worker Jeff is still alive.

No comments: