Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 27, 2018

New dream could be in the works

Two weeks after my TV station (WGCL-TV/CBS46 in Atlanta) posted an opening for its vacant Sports Producer position, I decided to apply for it.

Initially I wasn't going to because I don't have any producing experience.  I have a friend who is a more senior producer than me.  He's worked in the Sports News Business longer than I have. 

After some convincing and some encouragement from a friend of mine, I decided to apply for it.  The next day, I did.

After applying for the job, I wait.  I wait.  I wait some more.  I don't know when I'm going to hear about my status for that job. 

For a few years after college, I wanted to at least be a sports producer.  I had the love for watching sports.  I didn't have all the technical expertise of putting together a rundown or finding new ways of keeping the viewer interested in an ongoing story or a season's worth of a team's activity.

I think I wanted to produce things that were interesting to me and that's just wrong.

As of now, I still wait to find out if I get to be considered for the job.  I will probably find out who else gets the job (instead of me). 

If I don't get the job, I'll be content working my 2-11am editing shift here at CBS46.

If I do get the job, I will dedicate it to my entire family.

No comments: