Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sites of Tucson

Me and Kelly went to the San Xavier Del Bac Mission, Old Tucson, and the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum.

Kelly and I traveled down I-19 to get to San Xavier, and it's a cool old-looking church building. All the distanced posted on I-19 going towards Nogales and Mexico are all in meters or kilometers. I thought that was cool.

Kelly and I took great pictures of the building inside and out. We did a cool little hike up this small mountain too. Since I worked out really hard on Thursday, I felt the pain a bit on Friday.

Next stop, Old Tucson. We saw a cool reenactment of a bank robbery thwarted in the middle of the complex. After lunch, we saw "Cowgirl up" inside the palace theatre, and for some reason, I saw UofA banners on the stage. Those had nothing to do with the show and I made a motion to leave, but i stayed and it was a good show.

I panned for "gold" and found some.

Also, the mine tour was so much fun. The tour guide was asking me where I was from, and I said Atlanta. My name for the tour was Atlanta. When I heard the tour guide say follow the light, me, Kelly, and the group had to repeat "follow the light." When the tour guide asked me "Where are you Atlanta?", I said "over here." The tour guide was so funny and I'd tour with him again because he was good and entertaining.

I didn't know that some of the modern classics, "Revenge of the Nerds", "Little House on the Prairie", "Young Guns II", and "The Three Amigos" were all filmed at Old Tucson. I hope that Old Tucson will be used for movie filming more and more again.

Next stop, the desert museum. They even have drinking fountains there. For the first time, I saw dispensable sunscreen there too. I put some on because I have a history of sunburn. Me and Kelly saw some cool animals and a cool mountain lion that we adored. I saw lots of snakes at the beginning of the tour and found a few of them to be very colorful. I saw some cool rocks and got to take a piece of one home. Mine was a blue/green/silver rock that looked so shiny. I love shiny colors.

Last stop, the gift shop. You can never leave anywhere without walking into the gift shop. I have a prickly pear cactus ornament for Christmas this year. I wanted that turquoise tie, but it was $45 and up. I'll pass on that for now. Maybe later I'll find one on the cheap.

Tucson was a pretty neat town. Me and Kelly liked it. I wish we had more time to see more of the sites in and around Tucson.

Next stop, to I-10 and the Phoenix Area.

No comments: