Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wedding travel to Macon and Back

Saturday, April 10th, 2010 is a day we won't soon forget. I hope that that is a day that Michael and Mary Catherine O'Neal don't ever forget too.

Kelly and I traveled from Acworth to Macon on I-75 South and we had smooth sailing all the way down to Macon.

We attending the beautiful church wedding, had some shrimp and grits at the beautiful reception, and enjoyed the fresh air just before we had to make the drive back home.

The drive home was not as smooth. Somewhere in I-75 NORTHBOUND near Mile Marker 198, we ended up on the I-75 Parking Lot. We were on again, off again in terms of driving for over an hour.

There had to have been a wreck along the way somewhere around MM 220, but we weren't sure for sure. I facebooked about the I-75 parking lot as a way to describe the situation and to vent frustration for me and Kelly.

At the front end of the traffic jam, all there was to see was a big truck carrying a bunch of cars getting pulled over. What a letdown.

Things were moving much smoother when we got past the pulled over vehicle/traffic jam, past I-675, and getting near the airport. Soon after that, there was an electronic sign that said massive delays on I-75/I-85. I thought quickly to get onto I-285 Westbound (on the perimeter) and get home the circular way.

Once we got onto I-285, we passed Hartsfield/Jackson International Airport, I-85, I-20, and finally, we got back onto I-75.

Everything appeared to go well until we saw more traffic delays, and we hopped onto I-575, took the Chastain Road Exit, got back onto I-75, then came back home.

Yay!!!!!!!! We made it!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next stop that night, Philips Arena. That's were I saw a 1-0 fight filled victory over the Defending Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

No comments: