Total Pageviews

Friday, May 3, 2013

Dreaming of an ever-expanding career

My goals, hopes, and dreams for the forseeable future are to stay on with WGCL-TV/CBS Atlanta News and work my way to becoming a writer/producer. I want to do more than just be a video editor, but at the same time I appreciate the skills and talents that I have with being a non-linear editor. I want to add more skills to my arsenal such as writing, show producing, video arranging, and collaborating with team members inside the newsroom. I have some experience in tease writing for future stories inside a newscast. I have suggested two teases to my producers in the evening newscasts. One story was about air fare based on weight and the other was about a soccer stadium scoreboard fire. This weekend, I'll be back at work after two days off as part of my weekend. I'll edit videos for the 6pm and 11pm newscasts. In addition to my duties as an editor, I will practice writing stories. I'll write stories that our photographers shoot around Metro Atlanta and I'll write stories that come from the AP wires. I'm going to be a good writer someday. Practice makes perfect, and I'll be as close to perfect as I can. My journey to career progression continues.

No comments: