Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dreaming of a raise and a gig

Early in the morning, I had this dream where I was anticipating a raise after one year on a job.  In my dream, my base salary was at $45,000.  As the dream got deeper, I would see my new salary increase as I watched the number automatically increase on a big-screen 1985 style calculator.  It would go up in $30 intervals until it decided to stop at a certain number.

Somewhere along the way in the dream, the number stopped growing and it looked like it had reached the new dollar amount of $45,500 for the upcoming year.

Still in the dream, I was hoping for more.  At any rate, any raise is better than no raise.

Later on in the dream, I switched jobs and places where I work.  This is unrelated to the dream about the raise I got.

In the dream, I was working for another station where I was trying to show someone how to fix an edit.  It was a story package about something that I don't remember.  I even tried to drag and edit, or in this case, backtime a soundbite to make the edit look like it made a lot of sense.

I would like to think that I made a contribution to the day's assignment that I was to help out on.

In reality, I'm happy to be working at WGCL-TV/CBS Atlanta News and that I'm expecting a raise later on this year.


No comments: