Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dreaming that I was in Toronto

I had a dream this morning that I was attending my first Toronto Blue Jays game inside the Skydome.  Actually, it's called Rogers Centre now, but I still like the name Skydome.

I was sitting in the lower bowl of the third base line and watching a night game with the roof of the dome closed.  I was sitting next to one of my former co-workers from The Weather Channel watching his New York Yankees play.  It was a treat to be in a new baseball park for me for the first time in four years.

In reality, I've never been to Rogers Centre in Toronto.  I would love to go to that once brand-spanking-new ballpark for a game someday.

There are now two (soon to be three) sports venues that have the Rogers name to it.  In Vancouver, there's Rogers Arena (home of the Vancouver Canucks), Rogers Centre (home of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Argonauts and occasionally the Buffalo Bills), and soon to be new home of the Edmonton Oilers, Rogers Place.

Also on Sunday, I was watching my Atlanta Falcons play the Buffalo Bills on TV.  That game was held at Rogers Centre in Toronto instead of Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, New York.


No comments: