Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dreaming of PAC-12 glory for Arizona State

Over the weekend, I had this dream where I was standing inside Sun Devil Stadium.  The scene was the PAC-12 Championship game against what I believed to be the Stanford Cardinal.  I could see a streaming LED display of gold pitchforks flying across the screens and some even coming at me. 

That feeling of being on the field of Sun Devil Stadium was awesome.  Seeing that later on in my dream, it had a happy ending.  I saw that in my dream, we won the game and the PAC-12 Championship.  There was no mention of what that game meant.  I didn't even hear that it was for the Rose Bowl or any other major bowl or playoff game. 

In reality, Arizona State lost the PAC-12 title game to Stanford near the end of the 2013 season.  My Sun Devils went on to the Holiday Bowl where they would lost to Texas Tech.  The Stanford Cardinal went to Pasadena, CA to play in the Rose Bowl.  The Cardinal would lose to Michigan State. 

The last time I set foot inside Sun Devil Stadium was in 2012 when the Oregon Ducks smoked my Sun Devils on a nationally televised Thursday Night game on ESPN. 

I hope to make a triumphant return to Sun Devil Stadium and see my team play for victory.  I've been back to the old stadium three times, winning two of those games (vs. Washington in 2005 and vs. California in 2007).

No comments: