Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dreaming of working a super bowl as a TECH

I had a dream where I was going to be a freelance field tech to work the upcoming super bowl.  In the dream, the super bowl was to be played at Miami's Sun Life Stadium.  This is sort of what it looked like in my dream.
I was to board a flight from my homebase of Phoenix, Arizona to Miami, Florida to begin a four day stretch of non-stop work from Thursday-Sunday.  I was so excited, I got in my AOL instant messenger program to confirm whether or not I actually got the job.

Somewhere else in the dream, I had to make sure that I watched a videotaped message from an old VCR that I owned to make sure that I was getting the job.  I seemed to have complete confidence in my ability to rewind tape in my old VCR without it breaking to make sure I rewound the tape in order to videotape the secret message I was supposed to get.  

I was hoping that I would get a final confirmation that I got this job and that I could start packing my bags and boarding a flight to Miami as soon as possible.

I would have had a wonderful opportunity to work with an old colleague that I used to work with as a runner for PAC-12 football.  He was one of the nicest guys I've ever worked with.

In reality, I don't work as a freelancer anymore and Super Bowl 49 will be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium on February 1st.  Sun Life Stadium last hosted a super bowl in 2010 and is not destined to host another one for quite some time.

No comments: