Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dreaming of a Jack in the Box

Last week, my dreams took me back to Tempe, Arizona at night.  I was in search for the nearest Jack in the Box restaurant for some kind of fancy sandwich.

I was near Baseline Road and Priest Road.  I had my smartphone in hand with a map and some dots that depicted active Jack in the Box locations.

For some reason, I didn't recall the Jack in the Box that I used to eat at on Mill Avenue and University Drive near the Arizona State campus.  In real life, I ate there quite a bit for the 99 cent Jumbo Jacks and 2 tacos.

I had my car, smartphone, and an appetite ready to go.  I was driving down I-10 Eastbound/Southbound in SW Tempe/SE Phoenix waiting to sink my teeth into something delicious.

I seemed to have driven aimlessly despite having the best map making technology in my hand.  What was I to do?  I couldn't find my Jack in the Box ANYWHERE!!!!!  Oh no!  The hell I say!!!

And then something happened.  I woke up.

In real life, I haven't been to a Jack in the Box since my wife and I got two tacos at a gas station in Murfeesboro, TN in 2013.  We both didn't like them the second time around.  I mean, I used to love them and eat them up as a college student.

I guess my tastes have changed over the years since I moved from Arizona.

I could still go for an in-N-out Burger, a Rubio's original fish taco, a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger, and a plain old Whataburger.

No comments: