Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I have a dream

I have a dream where my family and I are more successful than we are today.

My wife and I have jobs that we are grateful for.  We have jobs that feed our families, take care of our little boys, and put a roof over our head.

I dream of becoming more than just an editor here at CBS46.  On Sunday, I will put the wheels in motion to get somewhere with this.  I will put the wheels in motion with this opportunity on Sunday.  I will be training to be a producer for half of my shift here at work.

I'm feeling more comfortable in writing, scripting, and stacking.  I will learn how to arrange shots for an anchor within our studio.  I'll get a refresher on how to add "supers" to stories on video.

I have to do this so that I can get out of my comfort zone and build a better future for my entire family.

Part of it may include the fateful prospect of having to start over somewhere else.  I'm not really prepared to have that conversation with my family about that at this time.  I really don't want to break up the continuity of living in one place with my family for the duration of my boys' young life.

I remember the times my dad and I had to move around in search of a better life and I don't want to repeat that with my family this time around.

I have dreams, and I will continue to dream big.  I just need a little help to get there.  That is all for now.

No comments: