Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Journal Entry for the Week in Review for June 27, 2016 - July 4, 2016

Not much happened for me on Monday of this week.  I woke up, took care of my boys at home, and went to work.  Tuesday, I had some fun playing with the boys at home.  Blake was looking up at the TV and Ben was watching TV with his thumb and his doggy.  I played peek-a-boo and sang songs with my boys when they were paying attention to me.  I can't get over how adorable they are and how happy they are.  Sometimes, Ben gives me a little attitude when he really wants something or if I had to say no to him.  NO is one of least favorite, but most frequent, work that I say to him.  Ben is the word I want to say to him the most, Ben.






See below where Blake was getting and giving some lovins to Gandalf.  Blake is still learning how to pet the family cat.  I'm going to do much better in teaching him how to take care of him.  I hope Gandalf continues to be patient with my baby boy.  After Nap time was over, I became bold in taking out Ben and Blake to McDonald's for lunch.  I felt good in giving Blake some of Ben's happy meal of Chicken McNuggets, Fries, and yogurt.  I tried to eat healthy.  I really did.  Soon, Ben and Blake had a ball playing on the playground inside.  Blake is a climber just like Ben.  I think Ben make a new friend too.  All the pretty girls love Blake too.








On Saturday, my wife went down to Savannah to do a great thing for a worth while cause.  I stayed home with Ben and Blake.  That's not all we did throughout the day.  I was on duty at home while my wife got some much needed time away from home.  I felt a little bit good about myself in thinking I can take my boys out for a good time by myself.

See a few of the pictures below.  I took them to Swift Cantrell Park in Kennesaw, GA for some swings and slides.  Ben did the swinging and sliding while Blake remained on the swing.  I was worried about both my boys getting sunburn.  I thought I put enough sunscreen on them.  I don't know if it mattered.  As the day got later and the sun was beating down on us, I saw all of us got a little more red.  I battled and fought amongst myself to decide whether or not to keep the boys out at play.  The more I wanted to take Ben out of there for his safety, the more Ben screamed.  The other parents felt sorry for me for having both my little boys all by myself.  One of them even helped me as I was holding Ben's hand and pushing Blake's stroller back to our Nissan Rogue.  I at least made Ben happy with my Padres hat.  Our next stop (Not pictured here) is Ben, Blake, and I going out to Chick-Fil-A in Kennesaw/Acworth.






Ben, Blake, and I arrived at Chick-Fil-A for dinner.  One of the first things I see is that the playground is closed for repairs.  I was disappointed for Ben and Blake.  He went on to tell me that he wanted to go play over and over again.  Ben even tried to run off to go play.  I told him no and I pulled him back into the dining area.  A nice couple told me that I am a patient father.  I try most of the time, I really do.  I love my boys so much that I will allow just about anything from them.  I use those moments to try to become a better father in the future.  I enjoyed my Chick-Fil-A, fries, and Coke Zero.  Ben and Blake enjoyed some of their chicken nuggets meal.  Blake enjoyed throwing his food on the high chair.

After I put both Ben and Blake down for their bedtimes, I took advantage of my 'daddy time' by watching "Ted 2" for the first time.  I liked the movie, but I don't think it was as good as the first one.  "Ted" was much funnier.  I liked that Amanda Seyfried's character went to law school at Arizona State.  'Ted' makes fun on ASU too much.  I liked the baby diaper scene (Not exactly shown on screen) where 'Ted' sees a poopy diaper and is horrified by it.  Poopy diapers don't scare me.





Ben and Blake love to play with toys and make a mess with them afterward (July 3, 2016)


Normally I would end my week in review blogs on a Sunday, but I figured that it would be right to end it on a holiday (Monday, July 4, 2016).  I got to have a lot of fun with my family before I had to go to work here at CBS46.   Work would go on to be a pretty good day, but my time with my family was much, much better.  I got a chance to take everyone out to the park and play around.   I got to run around and get my exercise in on the playground.  Blake is going to master the playground equipment before I know it.

After playtime, we make a quick and early stop for lunch at La Bamba in Acworth, Georgia.  We needed our mexican food fix before we really got the day going.  I had a sudden craving for some beef tacos.  Before I eat lunch, I have to dive into the tortilla chips and salsa.  Queso is a bonus too.  Normally I would go for a cheesy burrito with chicken or steak, or even a taco salad with steak in there.  For some reason, I really wanted to have some tacos.  I got them, and they were good.

After lunch, I had to get ready for work.  Work was most memorable for me editing some fireworks shows around the Metro Area and I got to watch a CBS Fourth of July Special from Boston.  I don't remember anything else about my work day.  I'll be back for more again this month, so have fun and have a great summer.  See some of my final pictures from the 4th.

Blake the climber (July 4, 2016)

Ben is still not ready to graduate from the baby swing (July 4, 2016)

"Cheeeeesseeeee" (July 4, 2016)

"Chips" (July 4, 2016)

'I'm learning how to eat' (July 4, 2016)

Ben loves his cheese (Queso Dip) (July 4, 2016)

"More Queso Please" (July 4, 2016)

No comments: