Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Dreaming of the old Los Angeles Sports Arena

On August 11th this year, I had a dream that I was standing outside of the old Los Angeles Sports Arena.  It was a clear blue sky outside in Los Angeles.  I was standing outside with a CBS46 co-worker.  I was looking a little bit up and out toward the turquoise roof of the sports arena. 

 I don't remember what I was supposed to be doing there or why I was out there in the first place.  Was  i longing for a simpler time from long ago?  Was I searching for a miracle Los Angeles Clippers team that could go to great heights?  Was I wanting to go in but something didn't allow me to do so?

I just remember standing outside somewhere in California.  I was taking in the good weather and good atmosphere in the sunshine.  In the dream, I remember the nearly six decade building as a shiny beacon in a section of LA.

In reality, I woke up.  My family and I were on our way to the Butterfly festival in Dunwoody, Georgia. 

I have not been to California in 10 years (Los Angeles in nearly 11).  I never attended a single sporting event in the now torn-down Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena. 

I saw a lot of games (on TV) that were broadcast from the Sports Arena.  Those included USC Basketball, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Ice Dogs (IHL), and some of the 1992 NCAA Women's Final Four.

Today, a soccer stadium (Banc of California Stadium) sits on what used to be sports arena real estate. 

I have never been to a Major League Soccer game and I hope to get the chance to do so one day.  I hope to return to California with my family for a visit.  I want to do so in glory.  Glory!

No comments: