Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 23, 2018

I dream of saying "NO"

I didn't dream this up, but I have this goal of saying "NO" to things I can't do or "NO" to things I can't afford. 

Whenever I say no to someone about a favor they need from me or for a request someone wants me to fulfill, I find myself reluctantly saying 'YES' to those things.  I really don't want to disappoint anyone by saying 'NO.'

It's like that song by James Ingraham "I Don't Have the Heart (to hurt you)".  Sometimes, I feel like I disappoint myself when I say no to somebody for anything. 

I found this blog post that helps me explain how I feel when it comes to saying no to things.
https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/the-yes-virus/

My goal is to say 'no' without being mean or vicious about it.  I want 'no' to help me out better.  I want to use my time better to spend time with my family, my friends, and to a little extent, my work. 

I have a few goals in life, but I don't know what they are for me just yet.  I want to be able to give my two sons goals that they can achieve.  That would be my greatest goal is to see them blossom into something special.

I k'no'w better (no pun intended) to say 'yes' to the right things.


No comments: