Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

My dreams for a 2018 NFL season

As the first set of preseason games get underway this week, I look to two games to get me going.  I want to see the Atlanta Falcons/New York Jets game and catch highlights of the LA Chargers/Arizona Cardinals game.  As I type this, I can't bring myself to say Los Angeles Chargers without vomiting.

I hope for a healthy David Johnson for my B team, the Arizona Cardinals.  I hope for a healthy team in my A team, the Atlanta Falcons.  I have no expectations for my C team, the Los Angeles Chargers.  I'm going to put all my eggs in the Falcons and Cardinals baskets this season.  I'm going to push for both of those teams to make the playoffs.

The last time the Cardinals and Falcons both made the playoffs in the same year was 10 years ago.  They had to play each other in the playoffs out in Glendale, Arizona, and I pulled for the Falcons on that day. 

My other dream for 2018 is to be able to see the Atlanta Falcons play at home at Mercedes-Benz Stadium here in Atlanta.   I went by there last year, but didn't see anything inside that building.

Last, but not least, if I had a big dream to dream big with, it is to see my Falcons play in Super Bowl 53 inside their home stadium. 

No NFL team has ever played the Super Bowl on their own field.  The Minnesota Vikings came close to doing that last season.

Right now, I'm praying for a Falcons Super Bowl.


No comments: