Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 23, 2018

A lottery winning dream

On Friday, August 10, 2018, I had an awesome dream.

Everything was in a haze, everything except what I head in my right hand.  I clutched a $40,000 winning scratcher ticket.  I dreamed of winning big money for a long time.  For a short time, I had it.  I had a golden ticket that I didn't know what to do with.  It may as well have been a clean, crisp $40,000 bill.  It was one of those moments where I would have gone blind and forgetful. 

I wish that this dream would have continued after I cashed in my winnings.  I wonder what I would have done and where I would have gone had this dream been allowed to continue.  For a short time, I remember being very excited about being a winner.  I wanted to either pinch myself or bite my tongue while asking myself 'could this be real'? 

By the time I woke up the next morning, I realized that it was not to be.  I have not been a big lottery winner since I won a $100 on a scratchers ticket last year.  This year, I have won $25 on a couple of tickets.  Other times, I have lost tens of dollars in my hopes of winning a big payday. 

If I were to 'win the lottery', I would invest in helping everyone have a good education and eat everyday.  I would do those things after I have taken good care of my family.

No comments: