Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Dreams of Los Angeles, a convenience store, and a murder mystery

Late Saturday/Early Sunday, I had a dream where I was hovering over Interstate 10 on the Santa Monica Freeway.  I was headed towards downtown Los Angeles.  My job was to shoot video of an important dignitary (presumably the President of the United States).  I had to do this while I was suspended from a helicopter.  In the dream, I remember that it was not quite dark yet, and it was just after sunset where the sky was more purple-blue than dark.  I remember the freeway being well lit on both sides of the freeway with big tall buildings on each side of it.

In real life, that kind of setting is more in line with the 110/Harbor Freeway and 101/Hollywood Freeway than the I-10/Santa Monica Freeway.

Later in the dream, I believe that I was successful in getting a shot of the 'president' inside his black stretch limo on the third try.  If I was working in TV news, there are no re-takes.  I don't get second chances to get the perfect shot or to do my job in a real-life situation. 

After I completed my assignment on the freeway, I move onto an unspecified airport terminal.  Later on in my walk, I find myself going to a convenience store looking for a slushee or something.  Along the way I'm walking with a CBS46 co-worker in search of a blue beverage.  In real life, I don't see RaceTrac, QT, or Circle K type of stores inside an airport. 

As I was pouring my slushee into a cup, a man who looked like Victor Newman from "Young and the Restless" approached me and told me that I was involved in a murder mystery.  I was being implicated for something I didn't do.  I made a slow escape out of the convenience store and walked down the terminal.  For me being allegedly involved in something serious, I casually stroll down the terminal.  Come to think of it, the terminal looked a lot like a shopping mall.  I saw in my dream the same kind of stores that I would see at Town Center at Cobb in Kennesaw, Georgia.

After I was trying to get out of something serious inside the terminal, I wake up.

In reality, I have not been to California in 10 years.  I have not flown anywhere in four years.  I have not been to a mall, let alone Town Center for nearly a year.  I went to a Race Trac within the last 7 days.

I tentatively have one adventure lined up for September.

No comments: