Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2018

Dreaming of a drive through Arizona and California

This was a very short dream last night.

First, I was driving in the middle of the day through Central Arizona.  I was driving through Prescott, Arizona on my way to Phoenix.  I remember driving through some windy roads on this two lane highway.  I don't recall the exact highway, but I think I was on highway 69.  I remember riding in the car with my wife and my former CNN colleague Bill.  We were riding aimlessly and having a good time.  Along the way, I was driving on this narrow bridge where I saw water on both sides of the road.  After I crossed the bridge, I transitioned to the next part of the dream in another state.

Second, the dream took me through Central California.  This time I was riding in a gray four-door car with my wife, my former CNN co-worker Tanta and her husband.  We were on California State Route 99 on the way to San Diego.  We were driving down the road at night.

Later on, we were on state route 71 somewhere near Fresno.  That defies all real-life logic.  I even saw a left hand sign for Southbound I-15 to San Diego.  It was almost as if we were forever stuck there, never to get to our final destination.  After that, I woke up.

In reality, I have not been to San Diego in 10 years and I have not been to Phoenix in six years. 

I have no plans to go there anytime soon.  My next vacation may take me to another state soon.

No comments: