Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Dreaming of an all L.A. Superbowl in Atlanta

It is all but official now.  My dreams of the Atlanta Falcons playing Super Bowl 53 in their home stadium died on Sunday.  My Falcons fell to 4-8 with a 26-16 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG 

My Falcons were feeling pretty good about themselves with a 4-4 record heading into Cleveland.  My Falcons should have been able to take advantage of a bad young Browns team on the road.  Instead, the Browns thumped my Falcons 26-18. 

That started a downward death spiral of a four game losing streak.  That streak includes four straight games where my Falcons failed to score 20 or more points each time.  I don't know when my Falcons are going to win another game in 2018.

NEW DREAM

My C team, the LA Chargers, are 9-3 with four games to go in the regular season.  The LA Rams are 11-1 with an NFC WEST division title in hand.  They have already all but clinched a first round bye in the 2018 postseason.  The Chargers are (for now) frimly entrenched in the 1st Wild Card spot in the AFC. 

The Chargers are nine days away from playing their biggest game of the season (at Kansas City).  For once, I would love to see the Chargers avenge their losses to the Chiefs.  The ones that stick out to me are in 2014 at KC (knocking the Chargers out of the playoffs), and in 2016 (when Keenan Allen was lost for the year with a non-contact knee injury).

NEWER DREAM

I want to see the RAMS AND CHARGERS play in Super Bowl 53.  I would call it the "Freeway" super bowl, or the REAL Battle of LA.

No comments: