Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dream about my Padres

I had a dream that the San Diego Padres were about to lose another Sunday day game. In reality, the Padres have been losing alot more than I would have liked them to this season. Even with the 9-7 victory over Seattle last night, the Padres are 31-38, good for 4th place in the 5-team National League West (one game out of LAST PLACE).

More about my dream. Some fan in the seats near home plate said that the Padres were losing due to the pathetic managing by Bud Black. In my dream, I said here here. I agreed with the assessment. In reality, I think the Padres need to give Bud Black up until 2011 to turn this team around with the young talent being brought up in the minors.

One thing the Padres need to do: Cut ties with Brian Giles. Giles has been one of my favorite Padres in recent years, but his skills are rapidly diminishing. He's not even hitting .200 at this time. With the youth movement going on and the team not being in contention right now, it makes sense to send Giles to a contender.

In the year 2010, I look forward to taking Kelly to a Padres game over at Petco Park in San Diego. I intend to see 2 of the 3 Braves/Padres game here at Turner Field in August.

See you at the ballpark soon.

No comments: