Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

They'll get you on the drinks

Three places that I've found myself paying alot for something to drink recently: Monti's la casa vieja in Tempe, Arizona, Turner Field in Atlanta, and the Tabernacle in Atlanta.

At dinner at Monti's in May, I had a Bud Light and a Pepsi for my Filet Mignon dinner. Both were good drinks and they tasted good. When I looked at my final bill, I paid $3 for a beer and $2.59 for a coke. I got hosed on the Pepsi. My friend Dan pointed out to me that for another 41 cents, I could have had another beer. I should have gotten that beer. I could have gone to QT to get a big 32 ounce pepsi for 59 cents. By the way, I like beer and pepsi because they taste good.

At the Braves/Pirates game on June 10th, I got them on drinks for a while. I bought a two-ticket, two drink per person package for this one. I got a free Bud and Bud Light before the start of the game. Anytime you can get a free anything at the ballpark, it is always a bonus. This is where the ballpark got me on the drinks: I bought two 32-ounce cokes for $5 a piece with our meals. That's jacked up. For $.49, I could have gotten a 32 ounce coke over at the QT in Atlanta.

Last year, Kelly and I went to a free concert (Filter) over at the tabernacle and had a great time. The price was right!!! Here's where they got me on the drinks: beer costs $6.50 a piece and I bought one for me and one for Kelly. Beer is expensive anytime you're at a concert or a game. Beer can cost as much as one of the tickets depending on what show you go see.

I'm going to get myself a drink right now. Have fun everybody

No comments: