Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Never dreamed of Nash being a Laker

In my past experiences of having dreams at night, I dreamed that my Phoenix Suns were triumphant in winning their first NBA title.  Alas, it was not to be.  It wasn't to be when I grew up in Chandler and Mesa, Arizona.  It was not to be when I moved here to Atlanta.

It was not to be when Charles Barkley rode into Phoenix with the high hopes of riding down Central Avenue with the Larry O'Brien Trophy in hand.  It was not to be when Steve Nash made his triumphant return to Phoenix after 5 season with the Dallas Mavericks.

It is not to be now or anytime soon I'm sad to say.

Read it here Folks.

Steve Nash is doing what anybody should be doing at the late stages of his career:  Go for one more shot at the NBA title.  I can understand that the Lakers gave him the best chance of doing that and be with his family as much as possible at the same time.  The Suns didn't have to agree to trade him to the Lakers and honor his request, but the Suns did right by Steve Nash as much as they could.

I'm going to wear my Phoenix Suns' Steve Nash jersey as long as possible.  It's my way to pay tribute to one of the greatest Phoenix Suns of all time.  His #13 should be hanging up high on the rafters of US Airways Center once his playing days are over.

I had the honor to see Steve Nash play in a Phoenix Suns uniform once in Phoenix, Five times here in Atlanta, once in Los Angeles, once in Orlando, and once in Oklahoma City.

My new dream is for the Suns to be as competitive as possible for the next few years.

I'll miss you in Phoenix Steve.  You're one of the best.

No comments: