Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dreaming of college and board games

In the last couple of days, I have had dreams of going to college and looking for a dorm to reside in in Seattle and playing Settlers of Catan.

In my college dream, I was a college freshman getting out of an economics lecture class while trying to ask my professor how can I get to live in one of the residence halls.  My professor had no answers that I wanted to hear.  He told me to get my financial aid together in order to secure my place in the dorms.  In my dream, I really wanted to live in the dorms.

In my Settlers of Catan dream, I was doing al lot of mathematical calculations in my head and building roads with the white blocks to nowhere.  I wasn't even building any settlements and I was not getting any resources while playing the game.

In reality, I played Settlers of Catan for only the 2nd time in my life and I predictably lost.  In my 4.5 years of school at Arizona State University, I stayed in the dorms only ONCE due to an automotive emergency that prevented me from driving home one night.  I don't know if I would want to live in a dorm now because I live in a house that my wife and I own. 

No comments: