Total Pageviews

Friday, March 22, 2013

Dreaming of CNN again

This morning, I had a dream where I was working toward my way back to CNN. I was working to offer my services for Anthony Bourdain's new show on CNN called "Parts Unknown." Somehow, I got his business phone number. That gave me direct access to him to where I could pitch video and show ideas to him. When I called that number, I got one of his assistants on the phone. The first time I called she seemed nice and receptive to me when I was interested in contributing to his show. I was watching a baseball game on TV inside my old apartment at Post Lindbergh for the next two hours. The second time I called that number, I sounded too eager and too desperate to pitch video services to him. It was after I spoke to his assistant that she sounded mean and didn't want me to call her or the show team anymore. I came away disappointed after that phone call. In reality, I woke up and I find myself in a good position to work for WGCL-TV/CBS Atlanta News as a video editor. I hope to learn more editing and producing skills while I'm employed as a non-linear editor. I can't say for certainty that I will work for CNN again. When the time comes, I will do what's best for my family and my career. Also, I am a big fan of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" on The Travel Channel. I am eagerly awaiting his new show on CNN in April. I love to travel, eat, and experience new things. I'm looking forward to my Sunday's at 9PM when I'm editing for the 11PM newscasts at CBS Atlanta News.

No comments: