Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dreams Come True #5: I move to Atlanta

On this date in history 13 years ago, I set foot in Atlanta for the first time. I stepped out of my comfort zone to being my career at CNN and more important, start a new life. My comfort zone was my dad's home in Mesa, Arizona and growing up in Arizona for more than 12 years before making the bold move across the country. Fortunately, I had a lot of help from my dad in packing the U-Haul and driving my old Chevy Cavalier with the U-Haul in tow along the way. From the passenger side of the car, I saw the bright lights that made up Turner Field while we were traveling down I-20 at night. My dad drove the maze of freeways in Downtown Atlanta for the first time, getting lost and finding our way to where we needed to be for the night. Eventually we stayed at a Howard Johnson in Marietta, Georgia for the next few days before I settled into my apartment in the Buckhead section of Atlanta. Learning about how CNN operated, learning about my duties as a video journalist, traveling on MARTA's rail lines, and seeing all parts of the CNN Center were amazing experiences that I will treasure forever. I hope the next 13 years are more successful than the previous 13 years that I have enjoyed here in the Peach State.

No comments: