Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dreaming of redemption

I don't remember exactly when I had this dream of me inside CNN.com.  I remember it was during the day where I was working at my usual desk with an Apple Computer, and a Final Cut Pro station to put together videos for the day's work at CNN.com.

I don't remember what I did for work, and I don't even remember doing any work for the day that I was there.  Later on in the dream, one of my former bosses came up to me to talk to me.  I don't remember what we talked about, but I seem to remember that the conversation was positive and helpful to me.  She was nicer to me than she had been in recent times.

After that conversation that I don't remember the substance of, she felt good about me and I felt good about her.  It was a very respectful conversation all the way around.  I could only hope for good, constructive conversations with her in the future.

In reality, I woke up and I realize that I work for CBS46 here in Atlanta.  I don't work for CNN or cnn.com anymore.  I can't expect redemption with my former cnn.com boss anytime soon.  I can only learn from my mistakes and errors I made there and move forward.

I can only hope that there is some sort of redemption or a sense of thanks coming my way for 11+ years of service I gave to CNN and its family of networks.

No comments: