Total Pageviews

Friday, October 11, 2019

Dreaming of people doing my work for me

Wednesday Night, I had a dream where people at work helped me out by downloading video for me after a reporter sent an e-mail out to the entire editing team.

In my dream, I was at "work" at the CNN.com newsroom which doubled as the CBS46 News Lab.  People actually downloaded video for m on my behalf before I had to even lift a finger.  I was excited, joyful, and happy.  I sat at my desk before I had to do anything. 

Now in reality, I woke up.  When I went to work, nobody responded to the e-mail saying they downloaded video for a story.  The story was about how Atlanta's major sports teams are cursed.

Curses, I had to do more work on Thursday.  Once I got going, I was rolling.  I was able to download video from the 1995 World Series, the 2017 Super Bowl 51, the 2015 Eastern Conference Finals where the Atlanta Hawks got swept, 2011 video of the Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg, and the 2012 "infield fly rule" game in the 2012 NL Wild Card Game from Turner Field.

I hope the reporter and photojournalist appreciated my downloads and efforts.  In the end, my job is to help people out in addition to editing video.


No comments: