Total Pageviews

Friday, October 11, 2019

I have announcing dreams

Last Friday, I sent out e-mails to Cobb and Cherokee County (GA) school systems about being a PA announcer.  Later that same day, a high school lacrosse coach e-mailed me about announcing the team's games. 

I wanted to tell my family here at home, but I didn't know how to do that.  I worried more about the day care costs for my two sons than I did about my own hopes and dreams.

Maybe tonight during pizza night, I will tell my wife about the new possibility.  I will not let it interfere with my day job as a video editor for WGCL-TV.

In the meantime, I will practice my play-by-play in front of my big screen TV and I will do my sports updates in front of my iPhone just about every other day.

Life is good and it's only getting better. 

In the next month, I will put it out there on Facebook again that I want to be an announcer.  I can't wait to see what the feedback will be.


No comments: