Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Big Move 10 years ago today, from MESA to EL PASO

Yesterday 10 years ago was my final full day ever living in Mesa, Arizona. I slept to a Phoenix Coyotes/Vancouver Canucks game, and my Coyotes lost in Vancouver.

February 28, 2000, my dad and I leave our Mesa, Arizona house for the big move to Atlanta. We started our journey going west on U.S. 60 on Higley Road. Then we took 60 out to where it meets interstate 10. We go Eastbound towards Tucson and before we reach Tucson, we stop at a Cracker Barrel in Casa Grande, Arizona. It was the first time I've ever been to a Cracker Barrel. That is where I became hooked on the Hash Brown Casserole.

The first big milestone on this trip was we crossed the Interstate 8 intersection in Casa Grande. Then Mid-day, we reach Tucson and be blow past there within 30 minutes. Another important milestone is that we pass Interstate 19.

Later in the day, we cross into New Mexico. We cross Las Cruses, pass interstate 25, and head on our way into Texas. To my left in Las Cruses, I see the Pan-Am Center in Las Cruses (home of the New Mexico State Aggie basketball team).

Early afternoon, we cross Texas. We reach El Paso and my dad and I decide to stop in a Red Roof Inn for the evening.

My dad and I rest and relax before dinner at another Cracker Barrel. If I'm not careful, I'll be addicted to Carcker Barrel.

Overall, this was a successful first day on our journey to Atlanta.

NEXT STOP: DALLAS!!!

No comments: