Total Pageviews

Monday, February 11, 2013

Dreaming of the Suns and Padres

I had a dream where I was in the media lunch room at US Airways Center at halftime of a Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors game. I walked in there without a media pass or a credential. I breezed in there with ease. I met up with an old colleague of mine from my Cox Communications Days. I went to see Rich Reid; he and I chatted about something, but I don't remember what it was. Looking out the window, it was dark outside. One minute, I saw a blue tennis court in the dark with night lights. Later on, I saw the playing court of the Phoenix Suns when they battled the Toronto Raptors to start the third quarter. Later on in this dream, I was listening to a Toronto Blue Jays/San Diego Padres baseball game on a 1990's style radio. My Padres were down 8-0 to the Blue Jays. I saw in an online in-game box score, I saw that one of the relief pitchers gave up 7 earned runs in 1 and 1/3 innings of work. That "7 spot" came in the third inning of that game. In reality, I woke up and i see that the Phoenix Suns are in last place in both the Pacific Division and in the Western Conference at 17-35. My San Diego Padres finished 2012 with a 76-86 record and didn't end up in Last Place in the National League West. I'm optimistic about the 2013 campaign for my Padres. I hope my optimism extends to the Suns going into next season.

No comments: