Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dreaming of my Braves beating an American League team this season

I watched part of today's Braves/Mariners game on TV as I was here at work this afternoon.  I missed that parts where Seattle scored its 2 runs as the Braves scored none in their latest loss today.

The Braves are 0-6 vs. the junior circuit this season, 0-2 vs. Boston at home, 0-2 vs. Boston at Fenway Park, and now 0-2 vs. Seattle at Turner Field.  My hope is that those losses won't come back to bite the Braves come playoff time.

I was happy for half-a-game on Memorial Day when my Braves had a 6-1 lead over the Defending World Champion Boston Red Sox.  In the top of the 5th, my dream of victory was deferred when David Ortiz smacked a 3-run homer to tie the game at 6.

I was disappointed that we lost the lead, but I was even more disappointed that there mroe Red Sox fans cheering for their team than there were Braves fans cheering for my team.

Tuesday and Wednesday's games were a blur.  Both were losses that I can remember.

The Thursday game I was watching some of the time.  I saw that the #Braves had a lead for a while, and I felt comfortable and watched a NETFLIX movie with my wife.

Later on in the night/the next morning, I learned that the Braves lost again.  I was disappointed like a mini-punch in the gut got to me.

I bet there there wasn't even 5% Braves fans that infiltrated Fenway Park last week.

My next shot at redemption (and for the Braves) vs. the American League comes 9 days from now, June 15 vs. The Los Angeles Angels at Turner Field.

No comments: