Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dreams for Ben

This Sunday, today, I sit back and reflect on the fun I've had with Ben.  Today was a magical moment where he handed me my Father's Day card and the card told me how good of a dad I am.  I dream of being a great father to my son, Ben.

I am honored every day to soothe, feed, play with, clothe, read to, and diaper Ben.  I take my job seriously as a father each and every day.

It's hard to leave Ben every day that I have to go to work.  It's even harder to leave on weekends because that is some precious family time that I'm missing out on right now.  I miss baby Ben right now.

Every time I get a chance to pick Ben up from day care, I cherish those moments more than I'll ever know.  When I see the smile on his face each time, it lights up my day.  Seeing him with his toothless smile is the best part of my day.

                                          PHOTO: Ben and I getting into Acworth Beach

Sometimes I look more like an older brother than I do a father.  That's O.K.  That will make it look like Ben and I are pals later on in life.

I dream of Ben being smarter than I am.  I hope that he is more athletically gifted than me.  I dream of him playing soccer, basketball, baseball, and anything else he wants to play.  I hope he'll like T-ball first.  I like saying T-ball out loud.  I put an emphasis on the "T".

Even though Ben is my son, he's got a friend for life in me.  That I promise him.  He can do anything at all and I'll be there with him and for him.  He's got an ally in me.

I dream that I can take you to school here in Cobb County for the next 12+ years (kindergarten - Senior Year) and give you the stability and continuity that you deserve.

Kelly and I will work hard for you and give you everything you need to succeed.  You name it, we'll come up with it.

Ben, no matter what you do and how grown up you are, you'll always be my little baby bear.  I love you and I miss you.

Dad

No comments: