Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

Reviewing previous dreams

Over the years, I've had a dream where I would one day decide to leave CNN to move back to Arizona, move on to a better job, or to strike out on my own. These "dreams" were dreams I had in my sleep. I never thought of these things on my own over the 11 years I was privileged to work for CNN. In these dreams, I am later thinking "What have I done?" Suddenly, these moves didn't seem like such a good idea anymore. In my dreams, I hoped that I could reverse what I did and make my return to CNN. Fast forward to today. It has been two months since I was laid off and I haven't as bad or low as I do right now. It has been admittedly difficult keeping positive and upbeat for everyone else over these last few weeks. Suddenly, these "dreams" don't sound so good to me anymore. Nevertheless, I continue to search for jobs, network with friends and former colleagues, and to start looking for groups to join. One thing that is keeping me busy and hopeful is that I work on my sports updates. I have one more to work on for today. I will resume my updates on Tuesday, January 17th at the earliest. By the time that happens, I will be 36 years old. Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a happy weekend.

No comments: