Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Journal Entry for April 23, 2015

Today didn't seem all that remarkable.  I mean, I had the day off and enjoyed my time with my family.  I love seeing my wife on the days she works from home.

Kelly and I were stunned that the lowly New York Mets swept our Atlanta Braves this afternoon.  Losing to the "Mutts" a lot this early in the season is painful.  It's undoing all the good work my Braves did early in the 2015 campaign.

It is my hope in Ben's lifetime that the Braves are good again.  I want to see the look on his face when they Braves make the playoffs, advance round-by-round, and then win it all.

Right now, I'll settle for Ben being happy and doing the hot dog dance to Mickey Mouse.  Later on, Kelly and I will catch up on our soap and some funnies later on.

I'm happy for the Atlanta Hawks.  This year it looks like this is the year for them fto do something very special.  I can't say that about past teams.  Previous Hawks postseason teams that were pretty good were nothing more than playff fodder for the other teams.  Past Hawks steams went no further than the second round/Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.

Even though I'm not at work today, I still find myself watching CBS46 News on my home TV.  I could go on to watch somethings else.  I could change the channel o any other local news station.  I don't do that because I feel some sort of connectivity to it by working there.  It is at home I can take a step back and just be a viewer.

I love to chase Ben around the house and play toys with him.  He's really good at scattering things around the living room.  He like to play with "Rocky" the yellow transformer.  I can hear "rocky" say things to Ben.  I can hear his voice in my sleep.  'Rocky Reporting For Duty.'

One of my sacred duties as a daddy is administering bed time.  I love feeding him his mile, reading books to him, and kissing him good night.  My favorite book to date is "I love you through and through."  I really love Ben through and through yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

I better enjoy my free time today because tomorrow, I've got some overtime to do at my job.

I love you Kelly, Ben, baby #2, and Gandalf.

No comments: