Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Journal Entry for April 25, 2015

I did it again :-(.  I hit my snooze button three times before I finally woke up.  I should be more excited about walking up because that's when I get to see my family for the first time.  I should be running to see my little Benny Ben Ben.

My whole family had fun at home, playing with my toys, Ben's toys, and toys that weren't toys.  We also decided to have a special fun day out in Kennesaw :-)

Kelly and I took Ben to once upon a child so that we could get Ben and Blake some new clothes.  our goal was to get both of them some cool summer clothes.  I think we did that.  I also had my eye on some Georgia Tech gear for Ben.

The hard parts for me were corralling Ben and finding some sports clothes for them.  I prefer to go find some Braves and Falcons gear.  I don't think I saw any.  CBS46 Meteorologist Paul Ossmann wants me to send him pictures of the babies in some San Diego Chargers gear, and I promised him that I would.

Ben was so interested in playing with toys that were not his.  I got a little nervous trying to control him.  I wanted to let him run around while doing so safely.  I worried that he would break something and we would have to pay for it.

Ben was not happy; he was crying near the end of the clothes-shopping process. He was happy as long as I let him play with used (clean) diaper pails and run around the store.  We got into some trouble (i.e. Ben crying) when we took hold of him like good parents do.

We got so upset with Ben that we decided to not go out to eat.  Instead, we brought lunch from Chick-Fil-A home.  We did better by eating grilled chicken sandwiches with a little bit of fried and fruit.  We got Ben some yummy chicken nuggets, fruit, and a sweet juice box.

Even though Ben is a lot of work to keep up with, I truly cherish all the moments I have with him.

This afternoon I left for work a little earlier than usual.  I was working toward making the special emergency 3PM meeting at my station.  I got to sit at the head of the table to the smart-alecky comments from our assistant news director.  Later on, I was politely booted to the other end of the table with a pack of animal crackers in hand.  Throughout the entirety of the meeting, I felt awkward.  I felt that I didn't belong in there.  I had to be there in order to know what was going on.  I needed to know my role for "Storm Mode."

I was very happy to have my lead editor on our team for "Storm Mode."  I had to bring in the online videos that came in from instagram, facebook, banjo, and other Social Media sites.

Thankfully, nothing bad happened weatherwise or workwise.  We all got our jobs done and I felt relatively calm throughout the afternoon.

I long for moments where I am not working in fear.  As a mere editor, I want to feel like I can take on the world, one clip at a time.

Once we got through Storm Mode, we were able to edit our normal 11PM show, eat dinner, watch the Atlanta Braves, and even a little bit of NBA Playoff basketball.  Here's hoping that my Atlanta Hawks overcome their loss to the Brooklyn Nets.  #GoHawks.



No comments: