Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dreaming of a better 2016

This year of 2015 was more challenging than I ever imagined.  It started and ended with me staying put at CBS46 as a VO/SOT editor.  I took over the 'lead editor' role in November so that I could have weekends off, which I have.  I've spent my weekends with my family.  It's been tough dealing with crying and needy children at home, but we do the best we can.

I applied for countless other jobs to see what else I could get.  I got a lot of rejection letters, Human Resource form letters, and an actual person tell me she was not going to interview me for a content editor position.  I must have a likability/networking problem.  I must get that corrected.

My wife and I got away to the Florida Gulf Coast for a 'babymoon' before baby Blake came into the world.



Ben was well established in our family, then Blake came along to complete our family.  I wouldn't trade them in for anything in the whole world.

In sports, I didn't do many updates this year.  I need to do more starting tomorrow.

As a sports fan, I saw the Arizona Cardinals with an 11-5 record take them into Charlotte, NC for an NFL wild card game.  I spent a lot of time with my family, and I didn't see them play much on TV.  As expected, with a 3rd stringer in Ryan Lindley, they lost to the Carolina Panthers and their season ended.

Fast forward to the end of this year, the Cardinals are 13-2 and fighting for home field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.  My dream is to see them play in Super Bowl 50.

My Sun Devils beat NCAA Champion Connecticut, in the NIT.

My Anaheim Ducks made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs Western Conference Finals.  The Arizona Coyotes did nothing this year.

The Phoenix Suns didn't make the playoffs again for a 5th season in a row, and could soon make it 6.

For the first time in 22 years, I lived in a city where an NBA team made into a conference finals.  The Atlanta Hawks made it against the Cleveland Cavaliers, and got swept 4-0.

My San Diego Padres, Atlanta Braves, and Arizona Diamondbacks all missed the playoffs.  My Padres FIRED Bud Black and former Arizona State Head Coach Pat Murphy.

My Braves kept Fredi Gonzalez while the Arizona Diamondbacks fired Kirk Gibson.

Finally, my Arizona State Sun Devil football team finished with a 6-6 mark and accepted a bowl bid to the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl at Phoenix's Chase Field.

Here's what I dream of:  Being healthy, debt free, having a healthy family, getting a new house, seeing my Sun Devil Men's Basketball team make the NCAA Tournament, my Arizona Coyotes make the playoffs, my Padres compete for a Wild Card spot, and for my Sun Devil Football team to bounce back in a big way and make a major bowl game.

No comments: