Total Pageviews

Monday, December 28, 2015

Journal Entry for December 28, 2015

I woke up this morning without having any memorable dreams in mind.  I could hear Blake stirring in his sleep inside his pack and play.

I got Blake up first since he was more vocal.  I got Ben's milk ready by warming it up and putting it inside his sippy cup.  When I walked into his room, Ben was still asleep.  I had warm milk but no awake Ben.

I gave Blake a chance to rest on one of the bouncer seats, then I gave Ben his milk for the morning.  I saw him suck down that sippy cup full of milk before I picked him up from his crib.  Then I gave him one of the biggest hugs he's ever had at the age of 2.

Ben let me chase him around the house before I changed his diaper.  Blake spit up on himself a few times after his 9am bottle before I changed him for the first time today.

I played with the boys by showing them how to play with their new monkey toy.  I put five balls in the monkey's head, then the head went down and spit the balls out onto a rotating wheel.  I let Ben chase the balls while Blake watched in amazement.

Blake got a kick out of watching us play.  I think I had more fun playing with Blake's new toy.  It was supposed to be for him, but I need his older brother Ben to show him how to play with it.

I held Blake in my arms for several minutes, then I let him have a good time in his exersaucer for a while.  I'd let him play in there as long as he is not crying.  If he starts to cry, that is my cue to pick him up and hold him.  Blake is my baby who needs to be held most of the time.

Ben's two meals of the day at home were mixed.  He ate his entire sausage and cereal platter for breakfast.  For lunch, it wasn't so great.  He didn't finish his ham and green beans that I worked so hard microwaving for him.  I felt bad that he would go hungry before naptime, so I gave in and gave him a piece of birthday cake and some warm milk.

The hard part of my day is juggling Ben's lunchtime and Blake's bottle feeding time and molding the two together.  It's a challenge, but I know that I've succeeded when Blake polishes off his 2nd bottle of the day.

After both of their naps, I had to race to the finish by getting both boys dressed and ready to go.  We left home around 1:18pm to day care.

The hardest part of my day is saying good bye to them before heading to work here at CBS46.

After I ate some dinner, I played some Candy Crush Saga and got beat by Level 461 for another five straight games.  I am giving that up for the night.

I'm juggling editing, watching Monday Night Football (Bengals/Broncos), and watching CNN on my PC.  I'm going to edit some serious VOs and SOT/VOs before it is all said and done.  I will also practice some writing in between assignments.

Before the 11pm show started, things did not come together for me to showcase some of my editing skills.  I had a chance to edit a re-track of a CBS Newspath package since I had some time to do it.  he script did not come in on time for me to do it.  I put in the package as is from Newspath with Omar Villafranca's track as it was intended.

I'm getting ready to do an emissions test tomorrow.  I can't wait to get it done.  Let's move!!!

No comments: