Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 31, 2015

I wrote this on paper in May about Falcons' QB Matt Ryan

I will never forget Matt Ryan's first NFL pass back in 2008.  It was a 60+ yard bomb to Michael Jenkins for a touchdown against the Detroit Lions.

He has many great throws to look back on in his seven seasons with the Atlanta Falcons.  Some of his tosses have led straight to victory.

He single-handedly beat the Chicago Bears in his rookie season with another clutch throw to Michael Jenkins.  he did all that with no time outs to work with.

Ryan was magic and he had some key throws leading the team to a huge win over the Seattle Seahawks in the 2012 NFC divisional playoff.  I still can't believe Matt Ryan turned 30.

To think I wanted the Falcons to draft defense with the 3rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft.  I got burned by Michael Vick's inconsistent play and his dogfighting conviction in 2007.

The Falcons needed help on D and didn't feel good about having to pay 8-figures for a QB before Ryan came along.

Again, I can't believe Matt Ryan is 30 and he's the best QB the Falcons ever had.


No comments: