Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Journal Entry for December 29, 2015

The day started when I woke up just before 8am.  I had to get Blake up since I heard him stirring inside his pack and play.  I heard him moving around in my sleep.  That has been a talent I've gained in recent months since he came into the world.

I took care of Blake's diaper duties when I woke up and a couple other times throughout the afternoon when I was home.  When I wasn't working for him, I held him, played with him, lifted him up, and put him in the swing to go to sleep.

I love holding my little Blake like a football.  I get to see his beautiful head and sometimes smiling face.  I love to see him smile without any of his teeth.  Soon, he's gonna have his first tooth, and I'm gonna be told about it.

I got the chance to play cars with Ben while my wife was taking good care of Blake.  I built our car track in his bedroom and we put cars onto the track.  We moved them round and round the track on the floor.  The red car did not move on its own on the track.  I had to move it around by my own hand.  I wanted to see if Ben was interested in playing cars with me.  I think he was.  We had a great time playing together.

Ben and I had an interesting adventure during lunchtime.  He was constantly whining, so I had to give him some goldfish crackers to eat.  I thought I did a good thing for him.  So we did some lunch in the dining room.  I tried to feed him some tacos after his snack.  He didn't eat any of his lunch much to my disappointment.

I really wanted Ben to eat so that I could give him some of his yummy birthday cake.  Alas, I could not give it to him.  I had to be the good parent in not giving in to him.  He later redeemed himself by drinking most of his milk before I put him down for his nap.  He started to sleep well before I started heading out the door for the day.

I had to mail off some important paperwork and bills before leaving for work here at CBS46.

I encountered some trouble in getting to work on time again today.  This time, I was backed up on I-75 Southbound from Highway 92 to Wade Green Road.  It turned out there was a little wreck just past the Wade Green Road exit (EXIT 269).  Once I got past that accident, it was smooth sailing for me to the 14th Street Exit.

I got through the ride by listening to News/Talk, 80s music, 90s music, and sports talk radio.

I have a greater appreciation for AM/FM radio now that I'm not driving with my satellite radio in my car again.

I spent the first four hours of my shift working for CBS46 editing the 4, 5, and 6pm shows.  After a quick coffee break, I deleted video in order to free up some space for my fellow editors and I to continue working and editing.

I feel a little bit accomplished tonight as I reached out to someone to see if I can better my career moving forward.  I did so in order to help me better provide for my family.  My family is the most important part of my life to date.

I'm about to finish up work here at CBS46, rest up, and go at it all over again tomorrow for the good of the Irwin family.

No comments: