Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Dreaming of Mesa and the Falcons' new stadium

Early this morning, I had a dream that I was back in Mesa, Arizona and that I was looking for photos of the all-new Mercedes-Benz Stadium here in Atlanta.

I was back in my hometown visiting some friends near one of the houses where I used to live.  It was around nighttime and I was outside with some friends out in the desert.  It was near a dirt road near a major street in Northeast Mesa.

I was hanging out with some people on the bed of an old-time pickup truck with a little campfire in front of us.  I think we were roasting marshmallows and recalling old times along the way.  I think we had some coffee from on old-time container.  The coffee was black with no creamer or milk in sight.  We drank it anyway because we loved it.

As that part of the dream closed, I found myself moving from the outdoors to the indoors with far worse results.

In the next phase of my dream, I moved on to a homeless shelter somewhere in Mesa.  Some of the people looked familiar to me in this dream.

Some of the people I roomed with were members of my family as well as from my church volunteer group.  I don't know what brought us all together.  I don't know the circumstances that forced us out of our homes and into this shelter.  I remember wiggling around in my sleeping bag trying to get comfortable and go to sleep.

As I was trying to go to sleep, images of a new football stadium were dancing in my head.








Mercedes-Benz Stadium, home of the 2017 (and beyond) Atlanta Falcons was creeping up inside me.  My obsession to find some of these images took over my desire to get a good night sleep.

In reality:  I have not been back to Mesa, Arizona since 2009.  I haven't been to Arizona since 2012.  I live comfortably with dreams of a bigger, better house in my hometown of Acworth, Georgia.

One day, I will pay money to go see a football game at the new Falcons' Stadium as soon as I can.

My dream is to see one last Falcons game inside the Georgia Dome in 2016 before it gets torn down.

No comments: