Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Dreaming of winning a job

I had this dream where I was working hard to earn a new job.  My new job was to become a newspaper reporter for the Toronto Sun.  The newspaper as I remembered it in the dream had a blue logo on it instead of a red one.

I was going to work for a guy named Larry.  He was my future boss, and that's all I knew about him.  I didn't know what he did or what his role was for the paper.  All I knew was that I could be working for him.

I was all excited about doing this great thing.  Of course there would be a catch to me wanting to take the job.  The catch was that I had to start my new gig on Christmas Day.  The harder part was to tell my dad who was alive in the dream that I wanted to work for this paper and that I would be willing to start on a holiday.

I was working on a story as an audition for my future job.  I was working on a crime story where there was a suspect on a rooftop and I was listening to a news conference conducted by a cop at the same time.  I was taking good notes on my reporter's notebook.  Now I don't remember what the cop said in my dream.

Near the end of my dream, I was at a local Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate my impending job offer from the newspaper.  I was watching so much sports on so many TVs and eating wings at the same time.  I was doing what I did best, sports and eating.

Finally, some good news.   "Larry" offered me the job and I accepted.  I was hugging him in celebration of my huge victory.  I couldn't have been happier.

In reality, I woke up to the sound of my two sons.  I still work as an editor and an aspiring producer for CBS46 here in Atlanta.  I'm trying to do my best work so that I can achieve victory at the end of my hard work.

I haven't felt really good about things for a while now.  I mask my true feelings in the best of ways.

One day, I hope to claim victory in my carer.  When I do, I will be able to shout it up on the rooftops wherever they'll have me.




No comments: