Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Journal Entry for April 4, 2016

Today was a good morning.  I woke up to a coughing, crying baby Blake.  I felt bad for him, I really did.  At the same time, I was caught in a dream where I could wake up from.  I imagined in my dream that a media personality was crying in an audio booth while my cat Gandalf was meowing and clawing at the door.

I got to spend a lot of quality time with my baby boy Blake.  I got to see him crawl around so much in the living room and throughout the grounds of the house.  He got as far as the kitchen tile, the litter box area, and toward Ben's room.  I was so tempted to let Blake play in Ben's room.  I didn't let him this time.  I think I'll let him when I'm alone with him again on Wednesday.

Blake slept in my arms twice before I got ready for work.  He's such a good sleeper with me, I couldn't bear to put him down in the crib all by himself.  I may do that on Wednesday so that I can properly get cleaned and dressed.

Today was a smooth day at work except for one thing:  I put in a video that had a black hole in it because I didn't pay attention to the work I was doing.  I didn't fess up that it was my mistake, but I knew it was mine.  I'm sure it will come back to me in another way soon.

Some better news:  I'm going to get more writing and producer training time in the newsroom on Wednesday.  Some of my work will go on the air (in addition to my already busy editing workload here in the edit bay).

It was a bad sports day for me.
1.  My B team, the Atlanta Braves, lost 4-3 in 10 innings to NL EAST rival the Washington Nationals.
2.  My A team, the San Diego Padres, got humiliated by their NL WEST rival the Los Angeles Dodgers 15-0 in SAN DIEGO.  DODGER FANS WERE CHEERING AT PETCO PARK.
3.  Last and worst for me, Villanova beat North Carolina 77-74 in the NCAA CHampionship on a last-second 3-pointer, putting me out of the money in my NCAA Tourney Pool here at work.

Time to lick my wounds and go home now.

No comments: