Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2016

Journal Entry for April 8, 2016

I got 6 hours of sleep last night.  Before I went to bed, I caught up on some DVR TV watching.  I finished up "The Seven Five" and watched a little bit more on the old TV.

Blake woke me up, and I'm glad I did.  Beginning on Monday, I'll be waking up to both of my boys next week.  It'll be so good to see my baby Ben once again.  I can't wait.  For old time's sake, he should tell me to "Turn the light on."

I got to see Blake be as active as ever on the floor.  He got to play around on the floor while I was catching up on some things.  Don't worry, I kept a good eye on him.  I always do.

I fed Blake two bottles of formula, a half-jar of baby food, and some puffs.  I worry about Blake eating those Gerber Puffs because those have not dissovled smoothly down his throat.  I worry that he's gonna choke on one and there will be nothing I can do about it.  I'm gonna be sure he either he eats it or I take it out of him.

One of my jobs that I get better at is giving Blake his breathing treatment.  I catch up on a little bit of reading while I administer the meds into his nose.  Don't worry, it's only steam.  Blake does not cry nearly as much when I give it to him.  I'll tell Sammy the Seal to treat him well when it comes to making Blake better.

Kelly's new part time job is going extremely well so far.  I'm proud of her and I'm proud that she's happy where she is.  I'm also glad to have her with me during the day a couple of days a week (Monday-Friday) and on Weekends.  Kelly is a great mom and does very well for our boys.  She takes the utmost pride in her work for Ben and Blake.

I did some good things here at work tonight.

I edited a re-track package on Campaign 2016.  I took in a lot of feeds, and I edited a breaking news story that happened two miles from my house.

I wrote a news sample script and I wrote a ton of sports sample scrips and voiced a sports update.

The bad thing I did on Monday was not pay good enough attention to detail on a feed and I put it on a timeline to where I transferred it to playback for air.  It looked ugly and my manager let me know about it.  I told him I'll do better and pay more attention next time.

No more excuses for me.  I'll do better.

Happy Friday and I'll be back for more soon.


No comments: