Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Journal Entry for April 18, 2016

Today started out pretty well for me.  My wife got up early for the both of us.  I got to sleep in until about 8AM.  I slept a good 8.5 hours last night.

This morning, I had another dream about returning to CNN and working there on a part-time basis.  In reality, I'm never working there again.

We all got to stay home for a while because Kelly's work day was moved to Tuesday.  We made the best of the day.  I got a good cup of coffee in me, and both the boys got a high quality breakfast.  Blake got his ba-ba (bottle) of formula.  Ben had a good breakfast of strawberries, muffins, and cereal.  Ben tore up those strawberries at the table.  I hope they don't tear him up later on.

We went to Swift Cantrell Park in Kennesaw for some family fun.  We even walked around the park on the trail with the two boys.  I got to chase Ben on the big kid playground and hold Blake another time.

We did so good, we drank water and resisted the urge to go out and get a fizzy.  We did good today.

I'm proud of Ben eating his lunch.  All of it.  O.K. so it was some chicken nuggets with some veggies.

I did good in eating beef leftovers and giving Blake some of my potatoes and carrots.

I had to get ready for work and I figured it would be a long day since it is a Monday after all.

I had a viewer (a former co-worker) point out the error of my ways in a video that I allowed to go on the air.  I wanted to play the blame game on the people out in the field for them editing and putting an 'error' on there.  I made a boo-boo in doing that and I regret it now.

There's no way I can be a good manager if I have to come down on people for the work they do.  I knew we all work very hard to get a good product out there.  I'll do better in the future as well.

Have fun tonight and I'll see you all again soon.

No comments: