Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Journal Entry for April 13, 2016

I did it again.  I stayed up to watch TV and read until 2AM after I got home from work last night.  I wanted to enjoy myself and clear up some space on my DVR.  Of course I added to it when I recorded an E60 special on Arizona State Basketball Coach (and former Duke Blue Devil) Bobby Hurley.

I got about six hours of sleep before I woke up for both Blake and Ben.  My wife had to go to work this morning.  So it was my day to do the right things and take good care of both my boys.  I would like to think I did a good job today.

I gave Blake his bottle of formula and made Ben his cup of milk.  Both boys were happy to see me.  Ben said to me 'turn on the light.'  He'd go on to say 'turn the fan off' later on.

I had to get on to Ben for playing with the lights too much again today.  I'm having a hard time telling Ben to stop without me getting mad at him.  I did away with time out, but I gave him more than a slap on the wrist for what he did today.

I made it to work early enough with a bit of time to spare.  I didn't come to work with lunch/dinner in hand because I did not prepare for one at any time.  I didn't prepare one last night when I had the chance and I let my boys take up my time and resources when I had them during the day.  That's on me there.

When I arrived at CBS46, I had to buy chips and a candy bar because I was feeling the hunger pains inside me.  They hurt me pretty bad.  A payday and some chick-fil-a potato chips got me through the afternoon.  I love payday anytime.

After the afternoon newscasts, I got to show my co-worker how to delete media and free up some space on AVID for future editing.  I felt good about showing him what to do for down the road.  I'll have a few more opportunities to teach him before I leave for vacation in late May/early June.

Before that, I went to Subway to claim my free dinner.  I found the Subway near CBS46 to my liking.  I want to thank Subway for making something right for me.  They checked my card a few times to make sure I had points like I knew I had, and they awarded me my free footlong roast beef sandwich.  Boy that was good.

After dinner, I deleted media and wrote two stores for the 11PM newscast.  I proofread a script for the sports tease.  I fixed the part where 'the Braves started 0-6.'  It was 0-7 (later 0-8 after the Braves lost again tonight).

I learned that one of my former producers moved on to Tampa.  I was discusted by the sight of her.  She was mean to me for the two years we worked together.  I put 'worked together' very loosely.  She hated me.  She didn't like talking to me no matter what I did.  I hope to never see her face again.  I'm sick of her.

I'm sorry, but I feel down right now.  I feel tired, and I'm ready for this day to end.

I'll be back to do this again tomorrow.


No comments: