Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2016

Journal entry for April 22, 2016

I'm thankful for my wife for letting me sleep in a little bit this morning.  Sleep is good and I take it for granted.

Blake woke up before I did and I woke up Ben a short time later.  I got Ben a diaper and some milk to start his day.  I saved up some Coke Zero for Kelly.  I got a free item at the RaceTrac in Acworth late last night.

I made both Ben and Blake a quick and hearty breakfast around 9AM.  I spoonfed my baby while Ben had some fun eating cereal and yogurt on his own.  I love to watch my boys eat.  I snagged a quick granola bar and some coffee to keep me going.

I love to hear the sound of my sons laughing at each other.  It wasn't always that way this morning.  Ben bit Blake and pushed him a few times.  I had to spank Ben for biting one too many times.

Don't get me wrong.  I love to see Ben give Blake some lovins and vice versa.  I worry that Ben gets too rough with his little brother.  I dream of both of them being able to ride majestically into the sunset (or at least play nice together).

Before leaving for work today, I am slowly catching up on 3 games that happened on my birthday.  I am watching Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech, Texas A&M vs. Georgia, and Brooklyn Nets vs. Atlanta Hawks.

I had to rush out the door today in order to get to work on time.  I did all that without taking a shower this afternoon.  There are days like today where just a change of clothes would have to do.  I didn't even put on much deodorant.

Once I got into work, I knew that I would be in for yet another long day.  I wanted to close out the workweek strong, but it would not happen for me.

I had a few assignments go bad on me again tonight, but I persevered through it all.  My goal is to go out a winner tonight and come back stronger next week.

Peace out.

No comments: