Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2016

Preparing for my 5th anniversary

Coming up on Saturday, I will have been married to my sweetheart for the last five years.  Kelly and I got married at the best possible place for us, on a Carnival Cruise ship.  We had the best ceremony and we had the most awesome wedding reception.  We were flanked by friends and family.  The best parts for me were marrying Kelly and having my mom and sister Helen as well as my best friend Gary as my best man.

Kelly and I have had some wonderful adventures together.  We've bought a car together, we've paid off a couple of cars together, we've gone to some more awesome vacation destinations, and we've started to raise a couple of children.

She's been instrumental in helping me survive a health scare at the hospital a month into our marriage.  I thought I was having a heart attack, but it turned out to be just a case of acid reflux disease.  I've been on pills for that ever since.

Kelly helped me get through my layoff at CNN within the first year of my marriage.  She helped me not drive off a cliff afterward.  I got to comfort her when she got laid off from her job.  I felt more relaxed during this time because I knew there would be something way better on down the line.  She gets to stay home a lot more with our two young children.

We have to remember that our boys will be little for only so long.  Before we know it, they'll be grown men and we'll miss being able to hold them and stare into their beautiful baby faces.  I'll miss them not being babies anymore.

I've gone through the good times and bad times with my wife.  The best part of all of it is that I had my wife by my side through it all.  I can't wait to see what the next years have in store for us.

I'm really looking forward to getting away to our vacation to the Georgia Islands this weekend.  I'm excited.


No comments: