Total Pageviews

Monday, February 29, 2016

Dreaming of wanting to donate more

I'm in prison.  NO, not that kind of prison.  I'm in debt which feels like a prison to me.  I committed those 'crimes' by charging things on my credit card that I didn't have the actual money for.

Debt can be crippling if I let it, but I'm working to get rid of it once and for all.  Thanks to my wife, my two children, and me listening to Dave Ramsey more and more, I'm working hard to get out of debt and stay out.  I'm mad as hell about my debt and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Once I get out of debt, I will have more money to help out my family and do wonderful things with them.

Better than that, I have a dream that I can help feed the hungry.  I want to be in a better position to donate more food and more money to the causes of ending hunger in my hometown of Acworth, Georgia and all of Metro Atlanta.

It all started in 2013 when I wanted to get involved with my new church, Acworth United Methodist Church.  I wanted to do more than just go to Sunday School and 11AM services.

I got involved with the AUMC food pantry as a volunteer in July 2013.  I met some amazing people who volunteered with me in the short amout of time that I was there.  I am no longer volunteering there at this time due to my Monday through Friday work schedule.

Listening to Dave Ramsey more frequently has inspired me to hate my debt, want to do something about it, and eliminate it once and for all.

Once I become debt free, I will be able to give like I've never given before.  I want to be able to give at home more and I want to help my community with good food, one bite at a time.

I'm going to beat this debt in the face and ultimately make people's lives better.

No comments: