Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Journal Entry for February 9, 2016

Today was a good morning.  I woke up in the middle of a dream that I now don't remember.

I woke up to see no Blake sleeping next to me in his pack and play.  Both our boys slept so well all night long.  I could not believe it.  That is a rarity in the Irwin home my friends.

I got a break by not having to make the milk for Ben today.  I'll get to do that tomorrow.  I can't wait to be up by 7:20am to get ready for the boys and Gandalf P. Cat.

I had the pleasure taking Ben to preschool earlier this morning.  After that, I captured two videos of snow in both Kennesaw, Georgia and Acworth, Georgia.  See the videos below.





Both of those videos would go on to air on my station, CBS46 at different times throughout the day.

My friend Steve Davidson saw the Acworth video during a winter weather alert during "The Price is Right."

I held Blake in my arms so that he would go to sleep.  He slept in my arms and I sat with him.  I would go on to sleep in the rocking chair with him.

I got to have some "daddy time" with Blake by holding him, sitting down and playing rings with him, hugging him a lot, and wiping his nose when I had to.  He spit up on me a lot.  He torched one of my favorite sweaters.  I felt worse for him than I did for me because I don't want to see him suffer or be sad.

I left home just before 2pm and got here to work late.

On the way to work here at CBS46, I saw windy snow while I was commuting down I-75 SB towards Atlanta.  I believe the snow cut off at Windy Hill Road just before I crossed into "The Perimeter" (I-285).

I had no trouble getting to work (driving wise).  Tonight, leaving to go home is another story.  We'll soon see.

I deleted some videos from our server and I'm still below 4 TB of free space here on AVID.  I'm soon gonna be worried that we could crash the server if we run out of space.

Time for me to go now.  I'll be back for more tomorrow.

No comments: